Hello, folks! Hope this post finds you in flip-flops and a floppier hat, on a porch or in a pool, and within arm’s reach of a tall, cool somethinorother. Summer’s just a hop, skip, and jump away, and so we at Live Eyewear have been running around, shipping orders, and getting ready for a real busy few months of making sure everyone’s got their eyes covered.
Right now folks have been loving our brighter fitovers, in particular our translucent frame colors like our Aqua and Amethyst, as well as lens tints like our polarized green and gold mirrors. Personally, I’ve been into the color combos of our Slip Stream Collection (like the pairs pictured); they’re polarized, they’re the perfect shape for larger and cat-eye prescription frames, and they’ve got themselves a whole lot of personality.
Anyways, we’re in for a bright summer up ahead. And whether you’re out on the boat or the highway or just lounging around, we over at Live thought it’d be fun to make a little playlist to gear up your ears with some tunes that make us think of summer around here.
And what’s more fun than some summer songs? That’s right: copyright law, which prohibits us from actually sharing or linking these songs on our site. What we can do, however, is list the songs we’ve chosen and offer a hearty recommendation you go check them out (in this particular order). I mean we got some Stones, a little En Vogue, and Seger and the Silvers for cryin’ out loud.
Enjoy the tunes if you so choose, folks. Here’s to another summer.
THE COCOONS SUMMER 2018 (HYPOTHETICAL) PLAYLIST:
- “Boys of Summer” by Don Henley
- “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” by The Rolling Stones
- “Happy Hour” by Weezer
- “Summer of ’69” by Bryan Adams
- “Summer Nights” from Grease
- “Take on Me” By a-ha
- “Summertime Sadness” by Lana Del Rey
- “I Only Have Eyes for You” by The Flamingos
- “Free Your Mind” by En Vogue
- “Ocean Drive” by Duke Dumont
- “Summertime” by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
- “Lovely Day” by Bill Withers
- “Wouldn’t it be Nice” by The Beach Boys
- “Toes” by Zac Brown Band
- “Everything’s Gonna be Alright” by David Lee Murphy and Kenny Chesney
- “Hot Fun in the Summertime” by Sly and the Family Stone
- “Hotel California” by The Eagles
- “Sunglasses at Night” by Corey Hart
- “Summer Breeze” by Seals and Croft
- “Fire Lake” Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
- “Summer in the City” by The Lovin’ Spoonful
- “Your Love” by The Outfield
- “Shut Up and Dance” WALK THE MOON
- “Time of Our Lives” by Pitbull and Ne-Yo
- “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey
- “Summertime” by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald